Prospective Belk College MS in Management students who meet certain requirements may request a GMAT/GRE waiver. When evaluating waiver requests, the MS in Management Admissions Committee considers prior academic coursework and your cumulative GPA. With the successful completion (B or higher) in at least three (3) qualifying quantitative courses, as well as a cumulative GPA of 3.2 (minimum), a test waiver will be granted.
Please note that no GMAT/GRE waiver is automatic, and an approved waiver application does not guarantee later acceptance into the program.
An unapproved waiver application does not mean that a candidate will be denied admission to the program. It means that the MS in Management Admissions Committee is requiring the GMAT/GRE as additional information needed to evaluate an applicant's academic readiness and quantitative competencies.
The GMAT/GRE waiver is only available to candidates who have not yet taken a standardized test or who have not had their test scores reported to UNC Charlotte.
APPLYING FOR A GMAT/GRE WAIVER
To apply for the GMAT/GRE waiver, candidates will need to complete a two part application process:
- Create an MS in Management application via the UNC Charlotte Graduate School's online application portal. You will need to:
- Upload a copy of your current resume/CV
- Upload copies of all unofficial academic transcripts (from each college or university attended)* to your application.
- Please note that you are NOT required to fully complete and submit your MS in Management application to have your GMAT/GRE waiver request considered.
- Complete the GMAT/GRE Waiver form.
*Candidates who earned their degree from a foreign institution may be asked to obtain a credential evaluation from a NACES provider to verify they meet the GPA requirement.